By Terri Ross
Looking for a crunchy, healthy snack? Kale chips are easy to make, inexpensive and nutrient dense. Kale is high in fiber, antioxidants, vitamin A and calcium, as well as B vitamins, vitamin C and potassium. Give this recipe a try!
- Kale – about 6 leaves per flavor
- 1 TB Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 TB Lemon juice
- Salt and 1TB vinegar
- Garlic salt and Parmesan cheese
- 1 TB Tabasco
- Heat oven to 300 degrees, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut stems from Kale leaves and tear into large pieces (they will shrink after cooked)
- Mix 1 TB oil and flavoring (my favorite is lemon juice)
- Massage oil into the leaves so they are completely covered in oil on both sides
- Arrange leaves in a single layer and bake for 10 minutes. (Timing may be different in your own oven.)
I like to make several different batches, of different flavors and have them on hand for the week. Store in an air tight container and enjoy!